Cultivating Knowledge in Mommy's Garden

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Garden Pre-work

Tuesday, March 29th

Since we are going to be starting our seeds on Friday, and finally digging out the dahlia tubers to get them eye'd up, it was time to get the greenhouse dug out of the garage.  I should have taken a before picture, but I'll do my best to explain what it looked like.  Last Memorial Day, we carried the frame of the greenhouse to the garage to dry out.  After placing it in the garage and removing the plastic, I realized that it would make a nice little storage area.  So, for the last 9 months, the greenhouse has been storage shelves for the garage.  Thankfully most of what was in and on it was gardening pots, tools, soils, mixes, and the like.  So it was all stuff that would be needed.  Unfortunately it was in the middle of the garage, so I had to move my summer tires around, all the pots (still with soil in them since it froze so early and the soil was solid!), tricycles, strollers, and box after box of winter stored tubers.  I got the greenhouse moved out, the garage organized, the pots arranged to be re-potted!  All in about 2 hours.  Now the greenhouse sits in the backyard, naked, until I get the yard thatched, so I can get it staked down and the plastic put on.  I hope the weather is good this weekend so I can get those things done!  I can't believe that Friday is APRIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment