Cultivating Knowledge in Mommy's Garden

Friday, April 1, 2011

April 1, 2011, Seed Planting

Today we got nearly everything we wanted to accomplished! 
We started the day by planting our rainbow seeds.




 
 They sure love to get them all poked in there!



All planted!                 The seeds happily under their UV lights.


After sorting one of the eight boxes of stored tubers, I realized that I'm in need of help, and called our great friend Heidi.  She is going to come help Sunday!

In the evening, I thatched the yard.  Greg wasn't here, and I took lawnmower apart and put the appropriate blade on it, and started it up and thatched the yard!  It was on my to do list so we can get the greenhouse staked down, and I didn't know if there would be any other time this weekend.  I got done after 8, and it was full dark.  But the girls enjoyed playing outside in the dark while I raked :). 
Then, finally, I got the herbs, vegetables, and a few flower seeds planted.  They are also under the UV lights in our little basement propagation room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment