Cultivating Knowledge in Mommy's Garden

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Weekend Update

Starting Friday night, we got working on the dahlia tubers.  We started with 8 boxes, and by the end of Friday, we had 7 and a half boxes to go... Ugh!  I called in for reinforcements for Sunday and wanted to get through them a little faster.  When we checked our seeds on Saturday, we had sprouts!  {I will update this with my specific notes when I get back to town, for now I think that the sprouts were cucumbers, bachelor buttons, and morning glory's}
Sunday we had a few more sprouts! 
When the dahlia helper came over on Sunday, we had gotten through the rest of the first box and had brought in 3 more.  We were on our way to cruise through them.  By the end of the day, we had gotten through two more boxes with sorting.  That night, I went through and individually wrapped the ones that were ready for sale.  I had to give up at 10, because I was tired and had other lessons to get ready for on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment